Galaxy Design For Your Short Jeans

Do you have extra pair of jeans in your closet that you did not wear for quite a while? Is it a while already that you didn’t wear it because it eventually faded or out of style? Oh well, that pair of jeans can be styled as Galaxy. How? Here are the tips:

Prepare You Paint Color:

You may need these colors, navy blue, purple, pink (light) blue (light) and white. The white paint should be used as a base, add a small amount of red or blue. You can add a little bit of white to the purple mixture to lighten it.

Dabbing Process:

Dip your sponge in the navy blue paint and start dabbing it to your pair of shorts.  Dab in the same manner using the purple paint and only on certain areas.

Start Painting Your Galaxy

Grab your light blue mixture, dipping the pointy part of your sponge onto the pain. Apply with a swiping motion and diffuse the paint using the broad end. Do the same process on other parts of your shorts. You may also add some light pink to add more depth to your galaxies.

Interstellar Tour:

Put the white paint on your toothbrush that you did not use at all. Use your index finger; swipe the bristles to spread the paint all over the shorts.

Star Studded

With a little white paint, dab the tip of your toothbrush to add bigger stars to your galaxies.

Add Some Glitter

Put glitter glue on any used sponge then spread the glue all over the sponge and dab onto the shorts

Note: Got this tips from Meg Magazine October Issue, the designers are from the Girl’s Room which talks about lifestyle and do it yourself tips.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... [ Tagged In ]

11 Responses to “Galaxy Design For Your Short Jeans”

1. I saw this kind of jeans but I don’t know how, so, your article helps me understand the process on how to design.

2. Joy says:

my two sons jazz up their old jeans last summer, they only asked me to buy them textile paint 🙂

3. Nova S says:

This is the greatest way to make your own design from those unwanted clothes you have. you can always turn them out into something new.

4. Sounds gorgeous even though I am not into glitters.

5. betchai says:

hmmm, I have a lot, thanks for these tips, hopefully, I could turn them into something “new”

6. juliana says:

A clever way to revive old style, parked jeans.

7. myfurry Elma says:

Great tips ! Now my old levis jeans Im been keeping in my closet. I will try to explore with this. Thanks for the tips.

8. Eileen says:

Great tips! My boys would love doing this to their old pair of jeans. My daughter and I usually keep our old jeans in trash bags ready for donation to the needy. I’d keep this in mind the next time they clean out their closets. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

9. Bjorn says:

I might want to explore this idea and apply it on my jeans. But I’ll have to go to a tailor shop to to resize and properly fit the worn jeans before I apply some paints on them.

10. jo says:

I wish you had pictures to share to so we know how it turned out. I’m just wondering if it still look the same after washing? Or should it be placed in delicate. Nice idea before I even throw my old pair of jeans. LOL.

11. Riza says:

I’m not really an artistic person but I love to learn DIY s especially when it comes to clothes like short.