My Yarn Projects

Ever since I resigned from work, I always looked forward to doing something that is worth while. I always thought to do some yarn projects and stitching because I noticed some people who do knitting could be stress relieving, my sisterโ€™s hobby is something to do with yarn and when she has time before, she would always teach me how to cross stitch, knitting, and weaving.

I could do some knitting but not really an expert yet it helps me to survive out of my day to day struggles. Being at home is so boring so to do some knitting projects is something that made me feel I am not useless after all. Just imagine, I can knit or weave my own accessories at home, like pillows and blankets. But with this hobby, I should look for colorful Katia Triana yarn for my scarf and kids, I am sure my kids would appreciate it. But as I said a while ago I am not that expert so I may need some tips or classes that I could learn more styles, more designs or more tactics on how to weave or knit my accessories beautifully. To tell you, my knitting is easily loosen up from the fabric and I donโ€™t like it because it bothers me sometimes that I have to do it again from the start or worst I tend to just leave it loosens up and it would lead to wasting my yarns, not only that, I am wasting also my money.

This yarn projects could also be a good bonding with my kids, especially my eldest since she is very inventive, she sometimes suggests some design I could copy with or research it from the you tube and we end up trying to look more and invent more. And when we are knitting or crocheting, we talked like forever about her school and stuffs and my whereabouts when I have to go with some friends in the mall. So you see, I interact because of this hobby and I suggest that every mother should try it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... [ Tagged In ]

7 Responses to “My Yarn Projects”

1. Marie says:

I love crocheting. It’s autumn now I’ll definitely work on some beanies for my daughter ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Franc Ramon says:

It’s good that you have a hobby that can let you past the boring hours and at the same time a chance to bond with the family.

3. Maricel says:

I love cross stitching. When I got pregnant with my eldest, the only thing I ever did was cross stitch, and then I would complain of sore backside to my OB/GYN, LOL. But seriously, it is stress relieving. And I especially love it whenever I get to finish a project and see it displayed on our wall. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Mai Flores says:

I used to knit back in grade school, and was super obsessed about it. I forgot why I stopped though. Anyway, knitting can actually be a good stress reliever — let alone, a good pastime especially when you’re doing it with friends and family — and in your case, your daughter. That’s certainly a lovely hobby that you can eventually turn into a business venture. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. ralph says:

being productive at home is a great factor in keeping you entertained and preoccupied. I’m happy that you found something you want to do…

6. che says:

I wanted to try knitting as winter is on its way here but thinking of how much time it could eat up, I’m now having second thoughts. It’s typical for me to get so engrossed with what I’m doing I tend to forget other duties. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. I want to learn how to knit ’cause it’s not just a great pastime but one which is also very productive. I hope I’ll get to learn the craft some time soon ๐Ÿ™‚